Healthy, Strong and Confident
What training options do you have for Women’s Fitness?
No matter where your health and fitness is, there’s no better time than now to make a change. By getting started with a customized training program with professional supervision, you can be sure you’ll see results as quickly as possible – without having to figure it out on your own or doing the same thing year after year.
Is this the right program for me?
Everyone who joins GFP comes in motivated by different reasons, but many of our members share at least one (or more) of the following goals:
In 6 months, I went from someone who was overweight, stressed, low energy, and all around a pretty tumultuous time in my life and by no means a good example to our son…to losing 33 pounds, 3 clothing sizes, and most importantly the confidence to change my personal circumstances for the better. But it really meant finding a strength I struggled to find for years.
You want to get strong so you can stay healthy
This past year, I learned that I have Osteopenia, a precursor to Osteoporosis. Once I got this news, I met with Vince to figure out how we could get my bones stronger. He put a program together for me that really increased the weight.
I recently carried two 53 pound kettlebells around the turf. If you asked me four years ago if I would be able to carry 106 pounds, I would not have believed it. I am down about 15 pounds and 10% body fat since I joined.
The work continues, the weights will get heavier, the exercises more challenging and this former couch potato will continue on her journey to good health and strong bones!
You want to be more active
The trusting moment, the turning point came with one simple act. Vince asked me to get on the treadmill. I explained to Vince that I had asthma as a kid and I could never run and I would probably get an asthma attack if I tried. He asked politely, “When was the last time you had an attack?” I answered when I was 30. He then proceeded to remind me how old I was then and said, “Get on the treadmill.”
He said I want you to run for 1 minute, then stop for 1 minute.
The fear and panic that set in was overwhelming for me, and then the treadmill started. I ran the minute thinking the whole time this was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Then he asked me to do it again. I said I can’t, and the treadmill started. After the 3rd round of this, he turned off the treadmill, walked away and said, “Don’t ever tell me you can’t do anything again.” That was it. That was the moment. I’ve never looked back.
I’m now 56 years old and I’ve run 2 marathons, including the great New York Marathon, 19 1/2 marathons and over forty 5Ks in that time. I became a tri-athlete along the way too. I just couldn’t get enough.
I have been going to GFP practically since they opened their doors. It came at the perfect time in my life. I was looking to lose weight and I had a history of not sticking to an exercise program for very long. I tried it all: step classes, kick boxing, aerobic classes with some weight resistance thrown in for good measure. Nothing kept my interest or gave me the results I was looking for.
What I found at GFP was more than an exercise class it was a new philosophy; build muscle and burn fat. I started to feel confident, empowered, and happy with myself. I began thinking, “YES I can do this!”
I feel like I belong to a family and just like a family they notice when you miss classes and make you accountable. I have finally found a program I can stick with!!
I started coming to Gabriele’s at a point in my life where I was probably at my lowest. A year later, I have lost 20 pounds, have definition in places I never had before, I feel so strong and my family is now part of the “Gabrielle Family”. All the physical changes have been fantastic, but I can honestly say that the mental strength I have gained this past year has been my greatest accomplishment. I finally got my “spark” back!
How does the program work?
You will get:
- A full personal fitness assessment to determine your goals and the quickest way to get there. Everyone begins with their initial assessment, where you will have the chance to describe your goals, what has and has not worked for you in the past, and what you need from us to make sure those goals become a reality.
- New exercise programs every 2-6 weeks so you are always making progress and never getting bored. One thing most women mention about other programs that haven’t worked is they get bored easily from doing the same thing over and over again.
- Nutrition assistance and bodyfat measurement so you can track your fat loss and muscle building progress – and know what to eat to accelerate both. No matter your lifestyle , there are ways to improve your eating habits.
- Support from other women like you – no one has to do it alone. One of the best aspects of the Women’s program is the friendships that form during training.
- Small group sizes and personal attention so always know you’re doing things the right way. Extra attention during your workouts means you’ll get great results and don’t have to worry about getting hurt.
On Sept. 9, 2008 I walked in to the brand new facility of Gabriele Fitness with 11 other ladies who were just as apprehensive as I was. What were we in for? A turf field? Dumbbells? What is a ‘Kettle bell’? Where were the machines? Chin-ups? Are you kidding me?!!
By the end of the 8 weeks, I was lifting dumbbells that were not pink or single digits, doing assisted chin-ups, swinging kettle bells and pushing the dreaded prowler. I also started making better food choices and exercising an extra day a week. It worked… I dropped 2 pant sizes, ended up more toned than I thought possible in such a short time, and gained a new way to look at exercise.
Still wondering if this is the right program for you? The GFP Jumpstart was designed to be a risk free way to give it a try. You have no risk and nothing to lose
- Schedule your free consultation to learn more about women’s fitness training at GFP and see if it’s right for you