Middle School Athlete
Summer Training Camp 2014
What is Middle School Summer Camp?Middle School Summer Camp is an athletic development program focused on helping kids going into grades 3-8 become better athletes and more confident young adults.
Athletes in these grades are in a rapid stage of growth - and even kids in the same grade can be at completely different points in the development process.
Middle School training is broken down into 3 different programs:
- Smart Beast Futures is for kids ages 6-9 who are just getting started in their athletic careers. This program uses fun games and physical challenges to teach lessons such as teamwork, sportsmanship, and leadership - while also helping them get stronger and faster.
- Smart Beast Development is for athletes ages 9-13 who need to work on the key athletic movements needed to have more fun and be more successful on the field. They will focus on bodyweight strength exercises, speed & agility training, and overall conditioning.
- Smart Beast Speed is for athletes ages 11-14 who have mastered the key foundational movements and are ready to take their performance to the next level. Athletes in this program will begin to learn basic weight lifting exercises, along with more advanced speed and agility techniques.
All athletes will be evaluated by one of our coaches prior to joining a program. This system helps make sure that athletes are in the right program so that they don't get hurt, overwhelmed, or under challenged.
The evaluation will look at:
- Physical development , including bodyweight strength, conditioning, and body awareness
- Social and mental development, including maturity, coachability, and mindset
After your evaluation, you will have the chance to sit down with your coach and discuss what options are best for your son or daughter.
What training will they do?
All athletes, regardless of their sport or level, will work together as a team developing the same skills. They will be given more advanced or basic exercises based on their current level and what is best for them.
They will get:
- Speed & Acceleration Training so they can blow by the competition on the field, be at the front of the pack in tryouts, and make their teammates jealous
- Agility Training so they will make more plays by reacting faster and making quicker cuts
- Strength Training so they can learn the safe way to start getting strong
- Nutrition Lessons designed to help kids stop eating garbage and start eating real, healthy food
- Injury Prevention Training so they don’t have to worry about missing playing time by being hurt
Athletes will train 4 days per week, rotating exercises every day so they get a full-body, total athletic development program in every single week.
How do we get started?
Signing up for Summer Camp is easy! Just click on the button below and fill the form out. One of our Front Desk team will contact you to confirm the dates and times you wanted.
If your son or daughter hasn't been here before, we'll also work with you to set up an assessment so that we can better identify their goals and how we can help them reach those goals.
Please remember: Sessions will fill up quickly.
If you want certain weeks or times, don't miss out by waiting !
To sign up, click the button below or
- 2:30 - 3:30pm
- 11 - 12pm
- 4:30 - 5:30pm
- 10 - 11am
- 3:30 - 4:30pm
(All classes are 90 minutes)
- June 23 – June 26
- June 30 – July 3
- July 7 – July 10
- July 14 – July 17
- July 21 – July 24
- July 28 – July 31
- August 4 – August 7
- August 11 – August 14
- August 18 – August 21
- August 25 - August 28
All classes run Monday - Thursday
Weekly program prices decrease as you sign up for more weeks:
- 5-9 weeks: $99/week (you save $400+)
- 4 weeks: $119/week (you save $240)
- 3 weeks: $139/week (you save $120)
- 2 weeks: $159/week (you save $40)
- 1 week: $179
To sign up, click the button below or
Frequently Asked Questions:
The absolute best results come from consistent training all summer long, but we realize that high school kids these days have tough schedules (especially with travel and clinics in the summer).
Each week of training in the summer is designed to be independent - whether they do 1 or 10 weeks, they'll still be on the same page as everyone else in their group. However, best results do come from training consecutive weeks.
If your athlete cannot make their class for some reason, we ask you give
us 24 hours notice so that we can help another athlete get in a make-up
if they need.
If no notice is given, we cannot provide makeups. We will do our absolute best to get your athlete in to make-up sessions at the times you request, but due to our busy schedule we cannot guarantee there will be openings
Each training week is broken down into 4 separate workouts, each focusing on a different part of athletic development.
As a general rule, athletes cannot train for only half a week. The program is specifically designed for athletes to train four straight days, and missing one or more days will mean they miss an important part of the training.
In special circumstances, we may allow exceptions, but they are not guaranteed. Please call us at 908-464-4441 today if you would like to discuss your situation.