Healthy, Strong and Stress-Free
What is the Men’s Fitness program?
If you’re like most guys, you:
- Know you should work out…
- Don’t have a lot of time to do it…
- Aren’t sure what to do, but don’t want to spend a ton of money on personal training…
From the ground up, this program was designed to give busy men a training experience effective enough to get results in as little as 2-3 hours a week, along with the nutrition education and support needed to make drastic, life-changing transformations no matter your lifestyle.
Is this the right program for me?
Everyone who joins GFP comes in motivated by different reasons, but many of our members share at least one (or more) of the following goals:
You want to lose weight
You’re tired of feeling achy and worn down all the time
Following a couple meniscus tears, calf tears, hamstring tears, Achilles tendonitis and a disabling herniated disc, my dream of an active retirement was in real jeopardy. I was in the midst of my 33rd comeback and feeling plateaued at about 70% strength when I was encouraged to participate in a GFP shared personal training program.
GFP has helped move my fitness clock back ten years, move my lame duck hook golf drive to a well into the trees launch, return to casual running, hiking and biking.
You want to be more active
Prior to starting the program, I could not lift my arm and place it behind my neck without pain. I couldn’t even toss a tennis ball to my dog without pain. I can now do both – without pain. I have lost 24 pounds and feel better than I have in years
You’re busy and don’t have a lot of time
I didn’t know how I was going to fit this into my ridiculously busy life, but I knew I needed to do something. In the back of my mind I thought that if trying to make it was too difficult I would just quit and that would be the end of it.
That was five years ago. I’m still a client today. I can honestly say that I’m in the best shape of my life – at age 46.
You need to get healthy
On March 5, 2012 Tom challenged me to jump on the scale. They read 313 lbs, and as Tom says, “Nothing good happens over 300 lbs”.
I stepped off the scales and threw Tom the following challenge. “I’m gonna to give you 2 months. I’ll eat what you tell me to eat and when to eat it. I’ll train however you want me to train BUT IF I DON’T LOSE 20 LBS IN TWO MONTHS I’M GOING TO 350 LBS! It’s your reputation on the line.”
After two months I lost the 20 lbs, but more importantly I was confident that I was on the right track. After 3 months people started to notice and ask if I had lost weight. My clothes were hanging off of me and I had energy to burn.
Today, I’m still following the recipe that Tom and Vince put into place for me on March 5, 2012. I’m down to 255 lbs and I’m not going to stop until I hit my target weight of 225.
What do I get?
While there are several program options you can choose from based on schedule and preference, everyone who joins this program gets:
- A full personal fitness assessment to determine your goals and the quickest way to get there. Everyone begins with their initial assessment, where you will have the chance to describe your goals, what has and has not worked for you in the past, and what you need from us to make sure those goals become a reality.
- New exercise programs every 2-6 weeks so you are always making progress and never getting bored. One thing most men mention about other programs that haven’t worked is they get bored easily from doing the same thing over and over again.
- Nutrition assistance and bodyfat measurement so you can track your fat loss and muscle building progress – and know what to eat to accelerate both. No matter your lifestyle , there are ways to improve your eating habits.
- Support from other guys like you – no one has to do it alone. One of the best aspects of the Men’s program is the friendships that form during training. You’ll be training with other guys in the same situation as you, which can help keep you motivated and learn new strategies to overcome issues you may have.
How do I get started?
Still wondering if this is the right program for you? The GFP Jumpstart was designed to be a risk free way to give it a try. You have no risk and nothing to lose:
- Schedule your free consultation to learn more about men’s fitness training at GFP and see if it’s right for you
- Try us out – your first 14 days is only $99. After your 14-day trial, you can decide if you want to keep going.
When I would drop my son off to train, I would sit in the GFP waiting area. I would catch glimpses of the workout, think about what a lazy bum I was, and then decide it would be too embarrassing to start up, for fear I couldn’t measure up.
One day, Vince came into the room and asked, “What are you waiting for?”
I started slow, lacking balance and strength, and was secretly embarrassed that I had let myself get so out of shape.
Through GFP, I see the results of my work. I am stronger, more flexible, and have a better mindset. I get better every day.