Speed, Agility & Strength Training For Young Athletes Looking to Make The Team, Get Attention From Coaches & Play Better Than Ever
What is Sport Performance Training at GFP?
Every training session will include:
- Mobility and flexibility training so you can move better and stay healthy
- Speed & agility training so you can accelerate and change direction as quickly as possible – 10x faster than the competition
- Power development training so you can be the most explosive player around – play after play
- Strength training so you can always have the upper hand. With all else equal, the stronger athlete will ALWAYS win.
Unlike other programs where kids are left to learn on their own, we make sure every athlete gets the individual attention they need to master these skills and get the most benefit. Every 60-minute session has a maximum of 8 athletes per coach. There are a variety of training times/days available.
Who should train with GFP?
Anyone looking to:
- Improve their on-field performance
- Get more playing time
- Prevent injuries
- Prepare for the transition to Middle School, High School or College
- Build Confidence
We have trained athletes from the following towns:
- Berkeley Heights
- New Providence
- Millburn/Short Hills
- Basking Ridge
- Scotch Plains
in every sport.
What will I get from training at GFP?
Using the GFP Strong Pyramid as a foundation, athletes will:
Learn the Growth Mindset:
Athletes at all levels need to have the mental skills needed to succeed during the highs and lows of competitive sports and academic environments.
The Growth Mindset teaches these athletes skills, such as
- Overcoming failure
- Learning from mistakes
- Handling success – both short- and long-term
Build a healthy Nutritional foundation:
Any athlete looking to succeed needs to understand how to eat – both for performance and body composition. Fat slows down an athlete, and the food choices that lead to being overweight also slow down the brain as well. Eating clean will help with all aspects of an athlete’s career.
Getting better is not always about being pushed through the most grueling workout. Using the latest research, our training programs have helped athletes make game-changing, head-turning improvements in speed, first-step quickness, sport-specific agility, safely developed strength, all while helping them drastically lower their risk of injury so they have more fun, stay on the field, and have even more success.
Most students and athletes live very stressful lives, and simply do not do what they need to in order to recover. Sleeping better, destressing, and using proper physical recovery methods will mean better performance and less injuries, all season long.
How do I get started?
Before training at GFP, every athlete will go through a consultation. This includes:
- Goal setting session where the athlete can work with a coach to set their short- and long-term goals
- Functional Movement Screen revealing what athletes can improve in order to stay as healthy as possible
- Athlete Performance Testing which will evaluate speed, strength, agility, coordination, explosiveness, and endurance
- Program Selection where the coach, parent and athlete will work together to find the optimal program
After this one-hour process, the athlete and their family will know exactly what they need to work on to be their absolute best.
Get Started Today!